Monday, March 3, 2008

MILLENNIUM (4.5 STARS)

Why does the future of the 80's always look like an extreme version of the 80's? Every other decade had a pretty original idea of clothes and style, but the 80's future is eye makeup, huge crazy hair, zippered, velcroed, patched, shoulder-padded shirts.

I've always heard that this is a time travel movie, and for some reason i didn't jump up and see it right away. I've actually had it in my VHS collection for a couple years now. The cover just looks awful. It doesn't look cool. But this morning i flipped it over and looked at the back... it changed everything. i immediately wanted to watch it.

I had coincidentally listened to the commentary of PRIMER (a time travel movie from 2005). If i was in the business of rating commentaries, this would get 5 STARS! It's extremely informative. There's also a cast track that i haven't gotten to yet.

This 1989 time travel love story (my favorite genre) is starring Kris Kristofferson and Cheryl Ladd. Kristofferson by the way was also in the Jacket, another time travel movie, but this time he's the protagonist. The antagonist is the threat of causing a paradox. Time travel is a risky game.

I don't want to give away any plot points. I need to see this on DVD. This movie could eventually be one of my all time favorite time travel movies.

Compares to THE JACKET and SOMEWHERE IN TIME.

No comments: