Friday, June 20, 2008

PERSEPOLIS (4.5 STARS)

Adapted from a graphic novel, Persepolis tells the story of a girl from oppressed, war torn Iran. It's about her family, her heritage, politics, and her growing up struggling to stay true to herself.

The art is beautiful every moment of the film. The story moved me so many times. Everyone needs to see this. If reading subtitles is not something you want to do then just wait... it'll come out in English soon. And i'm pretty sure the dad is going to be the voice of Iggy Pop.

I can't explain why... but every time I watch a trailer and someone is playing a guitar... i tear up. I've seen the trailer for Persepolis maybe 20 times and i have teared up every time he is playing guitar on her tennis racket. There's a few trailers, but they all have the tennis racket... this is my favorite tennis racket one.

No comments: