Friday, June 13, 2008

BE KIND REWIND (3.5 STARS)

Huge disappointment! I had Michel Gondre down for 5 stars for the rest of his movie making days. This however is barely a 3.5. It's cheesy, dumbed down, and predictable. It's a comedy without a single laugh in it. I sat threw the whole thing completely bummed. The Science of Sleep was my favorite movie of 06. I thought it was perfect. And i love Eternal Sunshine of a spotless mind (although i have my problems with it). But this is just boring movie making.

I'll give one scene credit. It's the only scene that felt like Gondre. It's the Montague. Very original, one shot. The actors run from place to place for this one huge scene. The camera movies along this maze of genius camera tricks. It's really great. Also the fact that the characters shot their film in black and white threw a fan and wires to look like a film projector and scratches.

No comments: