Sunday, September 20, 2009

500 Days of Summer (2009)

The director Marc Webb really has nothing to show for himself until this point. However, hit knocks this film out of the park. The writers too, have nothing before this. The soundtrack is great, the acting is good, the writing is superb, the cinematography is good, and the direction is great.
I'm see this twice now. Once when I shouldn't have (alone, after a split with my wife, the day before my best friends wedding), and then this time (a month later) I was with friends and i was maybe finally coming to grips with whats going on, and I saw the film in a different light. I'd say I enjoyed the film more the second time. See, the movie sort of tricks ya. It puts on a mask similar to how "love" does, then when "love" goes away, the mask is taken off and you see clearly. Going back to watch this a second time...I saw clearly the whole time, similar to if I could go back and subjectively view my former relationship as a hidden 3rd party. It was an eye opener the second time instead of a depressing movie about a breakup.

A must see.

No comments: