Friday, July 18, 2008

BEFORE SUNSET (4 STARS)

This is the sequel to Before Sunrise. I forget, but i think it's 6 years later, maybe 10. More has changed than you'd think. But they are still the basically the same to people. Come together again. This time in her home town, Paris.

I really like this one. I'd say just as much as the first one. I watched them back to back. The ending really won me over. I thought the ending was a complete work of miracle compared to the standard of the 2 films. It sort of comes out of nowhere. It left me gasping with glee.

This film especially is a good movie to study dialoge writing. It was written by Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke who are the main characters. The film feels real most of the time, but you can tell it's heavily scripted...maybe not a single word is improvised.

Delpy wrote 2 days in Paris also, and i'd say she has improved greatly with that one... this however is still really good. They work really hard at upping the sexual tension to make up for the other major complication to the love story. Then the ending.... oh! What a great ending.

This isn't the trailer, this is part of the ending. Not nearly as good if you haven't yet seen it. So... don't watch this.

No comments: