Thursday, February 28, 2008

MY KID COULD PAINT THAT (3.5 STARS)

This is about a 4 year old girl who paints abstract paintings that sell for up to 300,000 dollars. But really it's about a fraud dad who paints her pantings and acts like they're hers to sell better. But really it's about how abstract art is B.S. But really it's about how parents exploit their kids. But really it's how the media will turn a story against itself to add an interesting element. But really it's about adults who are crazy, selfish, evil people, and thank goodness kids at that age are oblivious to it all.

I was engrossed in this film. The Dad made me uncomfortable. The camera made me uncomfortable. The kid made me uncomfortable. It's a documentary but there's so much tension. I hated this film. It's so deep, with some many aspects to reflect on. I felt awful after watching it.

If you do watch this movie. Watch the 40 minute extra documentary about the director and the process of making it. It redeems HIM at least. And it sort of puts you at ease with the parents somehow.

ahhh!

No comments: